Notices

ScoobyECU v Possum link ecu MY92-96

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2004, 07:44 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Which out of the scoobyecu and the possum link ecu is the better if you know reply please.
Old 14 January 2004, 08:27 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Scoobyecu - fantastic value if you have the right mods for one of their "off the shelf" maps
Link ECU - much more money. Requires custom mapping to your car. Will therefore give settings optimised for your car rather than optimised for an average car like yours.

Answer therefore depends on:
(a) what else are you doing to the car?
(b) how much money do you want to spend?

If you just want a bit more power and have fitted a full exhaust, scoobyecu is the answer, and is probably the best value ECU option you can buy. If you are wanting to do serious tuning, including regular remaps after further mods etc, the Link is the answer although it costs much more.
Old 14 January 2004, 09:22 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
or a custom scoobyecu map if you have a batch of mods planned.

there are pros/cons to both, but I will see if any others say first as I don't want to appear to be advertising

Or mail me and I will give you an honest opinion too.

Paul
Old 14 January 2004, 10:14 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I've had a scoobyecu and then moved on to a Link.

Slightly different for me as i was remapping the scoobyecu myself. It's definately great value but the disadvantages for me were the time consuming process to remap (burning 2 eproms for each change and i was making a lot of small changes) and the unknowns in the ecu code which caused a couple problems. The Link made remapping far easier (just connect the USB cable to my laptop and away you go, it got rid of the MAF and made the process of fitting a MY98 manifold a little easier (no idle swicth on the TPS etc). Things that annoy me are that you can't adjust the load scale and more load rows would be nice. Also it's probably the easiest ECU to get to know if you want to start remapping yourself.

Having said all that.... if you have no plans to remap yourself then i would say that the scoobyecu could achieve just as much power/torque as the Link but also keep the excellent idling, cruising, starting characteristics of the standard ecu. Plus it would be a good few hundred (£600?) cheaper.

Tony.