Notices

URGENT HELP NEEDED TONIGHT PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2004, 05:32 PM
S25 SRT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

today my self and my mechanic friend changed the headers on my V5 STi(jdm) on the new headers there was a 19mm threaded hole for the lambda sensor (i assume), but i have a later car so the lambda sensor is located on the downpipe...
we connected all the headers back up, no problem took an hour after trying to get old bolts undone!
started her up-no problems...
obviously needed bolt to screw in to the hole so we thought id be ok to drive to the mechs hanger and get one and screw it in place.
got about 3 mile down the road and the power died.
checked fuse box and a 50amp fuse had blown, i think it had DS7 written on the fuse box if that helps for this fuse.
Any one have any idea what would have caused this, i am guessing that the lambda sensor was going crazy as the hole was not allowing the gases to regulate properly from the block to the turbo...
this is where i need some help, if i screw the bolt into place and replace the fuse i assume the problem will dissapear but i am unsure.
i have never had any other problems electrical or mechanical with the car since i bought her over a year ago.
some one can you please help me out.
Old 04 January 2004, 05:38 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

I doubt it would be anything to do with the lambda sensor - I don't think it needs 600w!
My guess would be that the headers have melted the cables for the power supply to the radiator fans together - they are very close to the headers & the heat - particularly from unwrapped headers - could easily melt the plastic keeping the wires apart.
Not too sure what the DS7 fuse is, but think it might be for those fans
Old 04 January 2004, 05:42 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Oh - so sorting out the short, and the manifold/cable problem (might be easier to just route the cable very carefully & shield it for now), then replacing the fuse should do the job
You may find that the actual connector has melted - there is a join around here. I may even have a photo of a similar occurence...

That is, of course, if this is what it is
The cable I am suspicious of is the one right next to the split in the manifold - the bit of red is the connector beginning to melt through

[Edited by nom - 1/4/2004 5:44:21 PM]
Old 04 January 2004, 06:30 PM
S25 SRT
Scooby Regular

u have mail mate, it was melted wires...4 wires had melted together and thus shorting out i assume!!
Old 04 January 2004, 06:40 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

More + wiring diagram on its way!