Notices

Radiators

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2003, 05:30 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Got a leaking radiator, does any1 know if you can just get the plastic tanks that are on either side repaired? Also had a look at the tank and it seems to be made by Calsonic(sp) is this right? thought it would have been Subaru.

Thanks in advance

Dougie
Old 06 December 2003, 05:52 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

It might be possible to get the end tank repaired, depending on where and how it is damaged. If there's a big crack though, the most realistic option is replacement. You should be able to get a used rad from a breakers reasonably cheaply.

Why do you think it's supposed to say Subaru? Most of the components in the car are actually made by subcontractors, which is why many of the major bits actually have Mitsubishi badges on them. Calsonic manufacture rads for most of the world's major car manufacturers, Subaru included.
Old 06 December 2003, 06:06 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

Grade-a do a brand new rad for £150+postage
Old 07 December 2003, 10:05 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks guys, its a long hairline crack runnin down the front side of the tank so looks like its a replacement job.

Just goin to bite the bullet anf get a new one,

cheers

Dougie
Old 08 December 2003, 09:59 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

I just got my rad repaired, new metal side on it rather than plastic, years guarantee for 112 quid inc. vat. from east end radiators in glasgow.
Old 09 December 2003, 07:12 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Thanks Johnny, just fitted my rad today, got it from a guy in whitburn, its a recon unit, 120 quid it cost me all in, so wasnt complainin too much.

Thinkin about gettin the old one repaired as well might be handy as a back up.

Cheers

Dougie
Old 10 December 2003, 01:11 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Doug mate - glad to see your still in the land of the Impreza ownership. I put pics of your car on my website - did you ever see them? Check my profile for the site address.

Take care,
Mark
Old 10 December 2003, 03:18 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Lo Marky, good to hear from you mate, I have been keepin up to date with your goins on,sorry to hear about the engine buddy, hope you get it back on the road soon. Yep nearly six years of Impreza ownership now, radiators been the first real thing to go wrong with it apart from wear and tear stuff.(touching wood)

Did u ever hear back from Sti? Still pretty convinced mine is an Sti but I need to get proof, might call in a few favours, I have got a friend that knows Robbie Head quite well, think he is still test driving for Subaru so might see if he can find out any info/contacts that could be of help.

Anyways

Have a great christmas and new year

Dougie
Old 13 December 2003, 08:54 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Hi mate - 6 years ownership - superb! So did you win the pools to last this long LOL!

Car is getting rebuild at API down in Lemington Spa - should be ready for collection on the 19th. Really looking forward to it - got a few extras done - decat downpipe and decat/unresonated centre pipe - so should be quite loud, and since I'm pretty deaf anyway it'll sound normal to me haha!!

Keep in touch mate,
Mark
Old 14 December 2003, 03:49 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Talking

No fraid I didnt win the pools, all this and im still not workin yet!!!

Dont know how much difference u will notice on the exhaust side of things, I put a scoobysport downpipe on mine about 6 months ago and there wasnt a big increase in noise. Tho' to be fair it was always quite a "grunty" engine.

Notice in another post of yours the guys that are rebuilding the engine said ur ecu should be a soldered in piggy back job, that was the case with mine when I got the guys on here that did the scooby ecu to replace my chip, the chip had been removed and a rerouting wire put in to bypass the chip!! Think the old car was scavenged before I got my hands on it from Japland.

Website looks good bud put a lot of hard work into it by the looks of things.

Dougie