Notices

Wanted your opinions on tuning sti8 please

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2003, 05:11 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved this topic from Scoobynet General section

I'm looking at buying my first scooby an sti 8, i was wondering on the groups views on the PPP upgrade:

Is it worth it??
Is there better on the market, if so what??

Obviously you dont effect the warranty with the prodrive upgrade.
I've been reading magazine articles about tuning them recently and some say go for a big front mounted intercooler and decatted pipe and induction kit about £5k, (G-force kit), others just say change exhaust and rechip the ecu(Scoobysport) for about the same gains in power (340-350bhp) for £700-800+ price of the scoobysport exhaust.
Just want to spend my money on the best kit to have the edge over the evo boys but it would appear after watching Jeremy Clarkson's new dvd (clarkson shoot-out) that the evo 8 still has the edge over the PPP sti 8, especially in the straight line acceleration test where the sti was easily beaten by the evo 8 and was even beaten by the Audi S4.

I know the group will have tried and tested many different tuning upgrades and i would appreciatte what has been found to be the best.

You might think why do i need to tune the sti up anyway, hasn't it got enough power, well i'm used to riding a motorbike at the weekends that did 0-60 in less than 3 seconds etc etc. I'm looking for speed and comfort now.