Notices

returning boost controll to ecu

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2003, 10:19 AM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fitted a dawes device a while ago which i had set to about 1.05bar anymore and i was getting overboost in fifth

Now I have Bought a second hand ecutek3

(similar mods ect)

I want to return the boost control to the ecu ie remove the dawes device

I have forgotten how everthing goes back together !! anyone care to take some photos of a standard my00 for me or talk me through it !!

Tal
Old 01 November 2003, 02:21 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Someone will confirm this, but..

Solenoid on the offside suspension turret should have 2 ports (ie places to put hose onto), top one receives a pipe feed from the nipple on the turbo's inlet compressor housing, bottom one then pipe feeds the wastegate actuator.

Reason I'm not overly sure, (so peeps please set me right), is because my car was a 94 and the boost solenoid was 3 port, and it was plumed in like this.. top from turbo, middle to actuator, bottom (which was bled off air) to resonator box in the intake (between filter and turbo).

If your solenoid is 2 port (which I think it is on that year), then logic says it should be as I described in the first parragraph.
Old 01 November 2003, 04:01 PM
ScoobyDuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Tal,
James nearly got it right, but as he said - his is a 3port, so he's confued & slightly wrong !

so .. the hose that comes out of the T piece between the compressor outlet & the w/gate actuator goes to the side port, and the bottom one goes to the inlet pipe.
there should be a restrictor in the pipe from the compressor outlet
if you've got all the original hoses, they are different shapes and you should be able to see where they lye normally & that will give you the best clues.
or search on here, I'm sure there are piccies ppl have posted somewhere....

think that's right.. could go and check..but too damn hungry, so going for a sarnie instead!

Steve