Notices

Stone Chips

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2001, 04:24 PM
BryanC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

After attending my first Clang-n-Ball run just before Crimbo, I noticed the front end of my beloved P1 has gone stone chips like you would not <B>believe</B> - for example, the two little inserts under the indicators, which are that nasty crud orange colour on a standard UK scoob, and come as black on the P1, have been <I>sandblasted</I> back to the original crud orange colour, and the front lip spoiler is no polka dotted with white. Now I think the only way to cure the spoiler is a respray it's that bad, but I've also noticed the odd chip in the bonnet. Any ideas on ways to conceal / repair them anyone.

/me looks in WaxWizards direction meaningfully....

On another note, I also noticed one of my driving lamps is cracked - anyone know the cost of replacement at all ? Or whether I can just get a new glass front? And a cover for the damn things so it doesn't happen again ?

So many questions
Old 26 February 2001, 05:21 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Bryan

Might be worth having a chat with Alex (DrEvil) as his P1 front spoiler looks like someone blasted it with a shotgun! Not sure if he was going to take it back to the dealer for a respray.

I seem to remember Mark Underwood (the Wax Wizard) talking about doing some form of stone chip repair kit. I was going to drop him a line about this.

Don't know about the cost of replacing the driving lamps on a P1 (doubt it is cheap though). I know that you can get pre-cut Armourfend for the standard headlights and fog lamps, not sure if they do the same for the P1 - might be worth a call to your dealer or Armourfend.

Chris
Old 27 February 2001, 03:15 PM
BryanC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Chris,

I have indeed emailed DrEvil, and he's recommended I complain to my dealer.

I've given em a ring - and so far it's positive feedback - I just need to go in and show them the extent of the damage...
Old 01 March 2001, 08:14 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

No problem Bryan. The power of Scoobynet eh?
Chris