Notices

Upgrading interior to STi spec.

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2001, 04:25 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I picked up the full STi interior from a MY98 and have successfully fitted it to my MY96 UK turbo 4door, all apart from the rear seat back rest.

The STI one appears to have no support, just a floppy piece of polystyrene, whereas my original one has a solid back. Also the original one has two pulldown seat where the new one is one piece. Has anyone else fitted this and found the same problem? I guess it's something to do with it being 2 door?

Help!

Mark
Old 26 February 2001, 06:33 PM
farmer joe
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi Mark,
what you need is the rear seat 'brace' from the car the STI trim is from, its a piece of box section metal aprox. 25mm, it bolts between the two rear turret mounts and supports the rear back rest.
if you look at the seat back you should be able to see the groove in the foam it fits into....if you can't get the one from the original car i think all jap spec imprezas have this, i.e. none AFAIK have split fold rear seats.
Old 26 February 2001, 06:35 PM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yup!!!!!!! Done this and sorted! I got a local trimmer to replace the material on my split seats with the single piece rear off an STi, cost about 70 quid i think. (at least 12 months ago). They did a really good job too. (Based just outside Southampton) Details:

Call Roy and Gary at AutoTrim, 01489 893081 They should be still around. I have an address somewhere, let me know if you need it (mail me direct)
Stu
Old 26 February 2001, 08:53 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks very much for the replies guys, its good when you get a clear answer I got the interior from a local scrap yard so they probably won't mind me having the box section. I was really lucky, got the lot for just over £200 and in mint condition. I notice some prices near £500 on here! Its good fun once you've fitted it as well.

Thanks again. Stuart I will get that address off you if I get stuck.

Mark.

Old 01 March 2001, 11:41 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Red face

Guys,

I went to look at the Type R I got the seats from and there was a whole metal rear plate in the back which the seats rest against, as well as the bar. I dont think I can get it out, do I need it or just the bar piece?

Mark.