Turbosmart VTA DV on UK MY98 de-cat

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2003, 06:35 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I know, I know, another DV thread!

On my next TSL visit I am considering having a Turbosmart DV fitted. The Turbosmart appeals as you can adjust the noise easily and therefore quieten it down when you are not in the mood.

Can I expect to just fit it and forget, i.e. not have any idling problems? Especially as the DV is so easily adjustable, will the ECU adjust accordingly and forgive?

I have read about DVs causing over fuelling. Apart from perhaps flaming a little with the de-cat, and keeping Shell in business - is it a worry / problem? E.g. detting? Do I therefore require a knocklink?

I'd like to fit the DV just for fun as my car is a play thing and not an everyday car. What I don't want to do is cause myself any trouble some side affects. As I say "fit and forget" apart from the Whoosh! of course

All advise appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
Old 25 October 2003, 09:38 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Doesn't matter if you don't have experience of a Turbosmart dump valve but opinions/advise otherwise is appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
Old 25 October 2003, 11:10 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Yup you should be able to fit it and forget... if you do get idle probs you should be able to adjust your dump valve (i read on here somewhere its possible to adjust a Blitz DV) if its not adjustable then you may have to change for a more suitable one.

I changed to a Blitz one from a standard one.. got better turbo spool up but started to cut out at 5k revs.. got it sorted by changing the DV.. one i have now makes a NICE Wooosh sound (non adjustable though) from well lane turbo centre.

If your DV causes problems you should notice pretty quick... you wouldn't need a knocklink for the DV.

It is/should be a fit and forget mod as long as its the right one for your motor
Old 28 October 2003, 10:07 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Thanks Franko. I was beginning to think no one was going to comment However, that was the kind of comforting I was looking for

Sure the Turbosmart DV will be fine as I can't imagine TSL supplying and fitting mods that cause the owner and them a subsequent headache!

Cheers

Matt