Notices

Power Engineering.....a satisfied customer.

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 1999, 12:37 PM
Henri le Poisson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have been running a PE phase 1 ECU upgrade on my STi4 for some six months now. During the recent damper, colder weather, I had been experiencing some "hesitation" on first starting up from cold. After some 3 or 4 minutes, the engine becoming warmer, the "problem" would go away. Nothing major or serious, but something to be checked out. Apart from this minor irritation, the car is nothing short of phenominal. I dropped the car in to PE yesterday (so that they could experience the early morning start-up for themselves) and picked it up today. A car was loaned to me for the duration. David checked things out and adjusted the mapping to facilitate an easier cold-start. A K&N filter was also fitted at my request.
The only thing I paid for was the cost of the filter. No fitting charges, no engineering charges. Coffee and chat was also free.
My car is also serviced by PE.
I am more than happy with the services and professionalism given me by David Power, Power Engineering and all who work there.
I am not taking issue with the few who have had problems with PE, I am merely sharing my experiences. Surely in all these years there must be many more satisfied customers.
I know David has taken a lot of the recent discussion on the BB very personally, and finds it difficult to handle some of the criticism, just or unjust. I think that it's a shame that that should happen, he does have a business to run, and he really is a decent man.

Henri
Old 02 December 1999, 03:23 PM
Orville
Scooby Regular

My only criticism of PE is that their Phase 2 conversion is still not available. As soon as it is, I will buy it. I like the idea of being able talk face to face with the people who will tune my car because in the unlikely event of problems, I can go straight back to them.

All contact I have had with them through rolling road tests and general queries has led me to believe they are thoroughly professional. Merv will answer any questions freely and David Power (whom I have met only once) appears a very knowledgeable, honest enthusiast.

Along with ScoobySport I hold Power Engineering in the highest regard.
Old 02 December 1999, 03:50 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Fanfare, please! (smilie blowing a bugle thing!)

Stef.
Old 02 December 1999, 05:43 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Glad to see that others have good things to say about PE. I have always found David to be honest and fair in my dealings with him. I remain a happy PE customer.

My car has now travelled over 3500 miles post surgery and continues to get better (engine loosening up) every day.

Moray

(Please Note: Heavy footed journalists need not apply to borrow my car. )

Old 02 December 1999, 09:54 PM
clivekay
Scooby Regular

My 50p worth ..Booked the car in last week for a service...Didnt see David ..he was not in yet... Had a coffee round the corner at the cafe and breakfast... Threw up over some dodgy eggs...Never eating there again.. Oil changed and all running fine...What else can I say except dont eat next door....
Old 03 December 1999, 02:11 PM
rupertu
Scooby Regular

When I had a serious problem with my car a few months ago, David drove a round trip of 200 miles to see it for himself, in another garage, thereby meaning there was no way he was going to "get the work" himself. I didn't ask him to, he just offered. PE have since done some other work on the car and I was delighted with all aspects of the job done. They are probably one of the most professional outfits I have dealt with in the trade - IMHO!
Old 03 December 1999, 04:19 PM
TimK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I agree with the earlier posts.
On all occassions that I have dealt with David, or the rest of the guys at Power Engineering, I have been impressed with their professionalism, friendly helpful nature and quality of work.

I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 03 December 1999, 06:46 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Clivekay/
I always visit the cafe over the road and have a breakfast or dinner with Merve. Love the food and done me no harm. OH I did have the heart attack just after a breakfast last March

Bob Iles