Notices

Light StalkRotary Switch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 1999, 11:57 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very interesting problem occurred last night, when either going to full beam or returning from full beam to dip on several occasions, I lost all lights including side\dipped\main and dash lights, until having moved the stalk a few times they returned (quite exciting the first few times it happened especially with the in-laws in the car at 60mph +!).
After returning home I managed to replicate the problem several times by moving the light stalk forward just prior to it going onto the main beam contact, however in doing this I was touching (moving) the rotary end switch on the stalk. I now suspect this rotary switch in faulty. MY98 - Have any other owners experienced similar problems ?, is the rotary switch replacable or does the stock have to be changed out ?.
A side issue, I have recently fitted a set of Cibie replacement driving lights using the correct relays, etc, is this a coincidence or is the problem cause connected.
Old 18 March 1999, 01:17 PM
JohnS

Someone else has experienced this as well with a 98MY car. I think it was on the IWOC Impreza mailing list.

I vaguely remember the conversation with his dealer went along the lines of

"Is it a 98My car ?"

"Yes"

"OK, it's not the first one we've had, we'll order up the parts" - which took some time to arrive.

I have a 98MY car with Scoobysport lights as well (now with the clear covers ) and haven't had any problems.
Old 18 March 1999, 01:50 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Had the same happen to me the other night. Imagine my surprise when, dipping the lights from full beam/Cibies whilst pressing hard through country roads, I suddenly have nothing!!! 98MY 5dr.

Old 18 March 1999, 02:07 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

David,
Let me know what your dealer says, I have booked my car in for a few week time (hopefully I won't go off the road before then) and asked the dealer to order a spare stock today which will hopefully arrive before the 1st Apr.