Notices

Knackered Wheel Bearing ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2003, 06:51 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I may have a wheel bearing on its way out ? Basically I get a loudish (hard to hear over the exhaust) metal against metal sound coming from the n/s of the car. It is especially bad first thing in the morning or if the car hasn't been driven for a while and or if I have been on the motorway / rapdi country lane driving. The best way to explain the sound is its a bit like a very worn pad and disc coming together (mine are not very old). this sound however seems to disappear when I put my foot on the brake pedal. Furthermore I also get a bit of wheel judder at speed - especially on the motorway - have had the wheels balanced twice but sometimes the steering judders and sometime it doesn't. Any ideas guys - am I looking at a wheel bearing problem or could this be something else (
Old 31 July 2003, 09:42 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just sounds like the new pads scraping on the disks and the balancing still out.. get it checked if you are worried..

Or check it yourself, jack a front wheel up.. try and wobble it side to side to see if there is play in the bearings..

JGM