Notices

Front bumper removal?? (MY00)

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2003, 06:27 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Going to have to remove the front bumper from my car to get it resprayed to remove stone chips etc, and need to know the exact order and where the bolts/clips need removing from. I can't seem to be able to do a search as my 'cookies are unabled'!! whatever that means

Cheers, Pickle
Old 20 July 2003, 07:23 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Cookies - try deleting your stored webcache and cookies (Tools/Internet Options/Delete Cookies & Files in IE).

As for the bumper, think this is pretty much everything, but it's been a while so be careful in case I missed something!

1)Remove grille by poking screwdriver through small holes in top to depress the clips, while pulling the moulding forward.

2) Remove screw holding sidelight moulding to headlight, and pull sidelights out towards the front of the car. Disconnect the cable and place to one side.

3) Disconnect headlamp bulb and leveller wiring, remove two outboard retaining bolts from the wing, then the two inner bolts securing headlamp to slam panel. Slide lamp unit towards centre of car to release pins then pull away from the car.

4) Undo the Philips screw retaining the indicator unit, remove the indicator from the bumper and disconnect the cable from the loom.

5) Undo the three bolts retaining the fog lamps (the fourth one is the adjuster!). Withdraw the lamp unit, and disconnect its cable from the loom.

6) Repeat all the above for the other side, if you didn't do so anyway!

7) Looking under the bumper, release two hex/Philips bolts holding lower bumper to chassis, then two pop-fasteners holding duct liners to bumper.

8) Release lower wheelarch liner pop-fasteners, pull the liner out of the way and find/release the pop-fastener securing the back of the bumper to the wing. Same for other side.

9)Remove the (7 I think) pop fasteners holding bumper to front mount bar

10)Remove bolt holding bumper to vertical tie (i.e. underneath the numberplate). The bumper should now be free to slide forward.

11) Gently pull the bumper forward. If it won't move, I probably forgot about some of the fasteners, so double-check!

12) As the bumper comes forward, reach behind it and pull back the spring retainers where the headlamp washer pipes connect to the t-piece, and twist off the pipes. Don't remove the T-piece from the supply pipe, or your washer tank will drain!

13) When you've got the bumper free, pull the spring clips out from the headlamp washers and withdraw them through the top of the bumper. Take the number plate off if you haven't already, and that's just about it!
Old 21 July 2003, 04:17 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Greasemonkey, Cheers mate, thanks for the reply. I will give it a go.