Notices

Nozzle Quandry

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2003, 12:07 AM
dr_jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY got round to ordering the part I need to fit my Aquamist system of of my ol Saab 900T to my scoob.

Still not decided on a location for the pump - will do some head scratching thios W/E as long as the missus lets me have some time away from the garden - Any help there'd be much appreciated..

Real Q is this though - having spent some time reading past threads on W/I it seems most (including prodrive) fit the nozzle (.4 or .5mm) AFTER the I/C and usually before the throttle body - which is exactly what I was planning also....

Thing is - just read this install doc from aquamist:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/system1s.zip

And they recommend:

"Place it immediately after the intercooler unless the intercooler suffers heat soaking. Cars with intercooler fitted above the engine is an exception (Subaru, GTI-R, Toyota Celica and etc), the water jet should then be fitted before the intercooler."
I always though this was a no-go due to potential condensation in the I/C amongst other things - Not really sure why they'd advise this - Annyone???
Old 16 July 2003, 01:27 AM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

I have fitted mine in the Intercooler(Throttle body side) directly in line with the throttle butterfly.
Old 16 July 2003, 01:26 PM
dr_jones
Scooby Regular

Yeah that certainly seems to be the corerct position with conventional thinking - the doc I refer to above is relatively new - just wondered why the change of heart.

Having looked at the galley on Aquamist's site 2 of the 3 owners have fitted after the intercooler.

I'd go with this if this is the best position, but if before is the best position then i'd go with that instead - GAH! decisions decisions....