Notices

P1 - fuel cut with full decat

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2003, 01:00 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Only thing I'd say to a decatted P1 is remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap remap

and

remap.

Enjoy
Old 10 June 2003, 08:29 PM
DutchClutch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kev,

Fellas here experienced the same thing with the new STI when decat was done.The boost went up to 1.5bar, = dangerzone of course.

The problem here was found in the wastegate housing.It wasn't able animore to do it's work effectively after decat.After modifying the wategatehouse(making it wider)things worked out,and power can be raised up to 340 BHP without problems.(ECU-Tek/decat/ELM)

GrtZ.Arend.

Old 10 June 2003, 09:39 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

I stand by my previous statement. To be fair though I know **** all about cars and just go by what respected tuning folk have said on this subject in the past.

Decatting a P1 and whacking up the boost without sorting out the fuelling is asking for trouble. I'm sure your car won't blow up and everything will be fine though.
That said I won't decat mine until I can get it remapped at the same time

Old 11 June 2003, 12:38 AM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

Hi

I had a decat exhaust on my P1 and it started overboosting. I was very concerned like yourself and went to seek advice. In the end I got an EcuTek ECU which actually increased the boost and increased the fuel flow to accommodate it. I've got a knock link just to keep an eye on things but the car's running really sweet at the moment.

My advice is to get an EcuTek ecu and can be programmed to suit your needs.
Old 11 June 2003, 06:05 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Good advise guys....I'll be looking into that when the extended warranty runs out. Until then I think I'm gonna stick to what I've got and enjoy. May not be the fastest P1 but at least I know there is good fueling that it will run reliably.

Regards

Kev
Old 11 June 2003, 11:57 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Your warranty is invalid after decatting and the P1 will be running seriously lean, get it remapped before it goes bang. In the meantime get yourself a knocklink and run with lots of octane booster.

FatBoy mobile: P1 full decat, uprated fuel pump,HKS panel filter, knocklink, boost gauge, Ecutek 3 remap ( by BRD)etc
Old 06 October 2003, 07:57 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Took the P1 to PE yesterday and found it was boosting upto 1.46 bar. WOW how dangerous is that, the tuner said it could bend a rod at that boost. This only happened when the full decat was fitted, and believe me it went like stink. So the car was fitted with a restrictor in the pipe that goes from the turbo to actuator. The car is now producing 305 bhp/270 lbft of torque at 1 bar. TBO I'm happy with that cus all its had done is just the exhaust. With other performance cars, they struggle to get over the 300 barrier with spending **** loads of money...Celica GT4 springs to mind. Now I know the car is running safe and can run like that all day long ie trackdays.

Has anyone else had that problem with fuel cut, aslo what boost are you running...?

Regards

Kev

[Edited by ScoobyKev - 6/10/2003 7:58:33 AM]

Trending Topics

Old 06 October 2003, 07:35 PM
neil@wrx
Scooby Regular

mine is the same raced 911 turbo the weekend and stade on his ***
from the lights 2 the next set about 500 yards ( hit's 1.4 bar on defi meter /peak reads 1.7 )mine was under powered .95 bar so dealer phoned prodrive thay sent new part and told me car was at max boost under warranty that was 1.3 bar then i got the de-cat

[Edited by neil@wrx - 6/10/2003 7:44:11 PM]