Notices

Help......somethings wrong!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2003, 01:53 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a call over the weekend from a friend with a MY98 wagon. No power when the turbo should come on boost however theres an awful lot of noise (whooshing air) from the engine bay. I first thought a loose boost hose but on closer inspection air's pouring out of a newly installed Apexi dump-valve (second-hand). I thought that maybe the valve/spring inside the dump valve has stuck open or failed, but could this be a faulty waste-gate??? Anyone had a similar problem with theres? The car is standard except for a magnex rear silencer and the Apexi DV.

[Edited by prodriva - 6/2/2003 1:53:55 PM]
Old 02 June 2003, 01:56 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Maybe a silly questions but.....

Have you put the std dump valve back on? This will indicate if the apexi is faulty or if there's problems else where.

Cheers

Dan

Old 02 June 2003, 02:04 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
The car is currently on a low-loader heading back to Oxford from Weymouth!!! All I know is that the Apexi is situated just to the bottom right of the I/Cooler if your looking in the engine bay from the front. When he fitted it he removed a single length of rubber hose and replaced with two new lengths and the DV in the middle???
Old 02 June 2003, 02:15 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Is it a recirc or VTA DV?

It sounds like a boost leak and the ECU gone into limp mode. When you can get access to it, I'd put the std dv back on, disconnect the battery for an hour that fire her back up.

Good luck

Dan
Old 02 June 2003, 02:24 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Cheers danny-boy, I have forwarded your comments over the phone and my mate is now aware of this thread for when he gets home. Thanks for the prompt response.