Notices

1995 Subaru sti downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2003, 09:10 AM
stitypera
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At present i hava a magnex back box and centre section. I'm looking at fitting a magnex downpipe. After reading a couple of posts there appears to have been problems with the fitment of the pipe in terms of it catching the subframe etc, is this so? I know there are plenty of downpipes out there and each has there own bonuses. Can any one recommend a good downpipe (reasonable outlay, say up to £250), ive heard the scoobysport ones are good, or is the magnex as good (depending on ease of fitment!)

please help?
Old 29 May 2003, 09:42 AM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

Hayward and scott - just fitted one to my MY99 STi 5 - you will not be disappointed!
Old 29 May 2003, 10:05 AM
SPARKY WRX
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I have just had a revolution down pipe fitted to my 1994 wrx, which connects up to my magnex centre. The fitment wasn't brilliant, It bolted up to my gearbox ok at the top connection but was about an inch short of the second connection and didn't lign up. There was a gap between the magnex centre and the DP, about 1 & 1/2 inch, rather than force them together I used a ring mesh gasket about 1/2 inch thick to help close the gap.

I also had to modify my turbo vent to fit around the the blanking plug (lambda sensor on earlier modles) and wastegate flow part of the DP.

I also had to disconnect the cat temp sensor which on the earlier models is not a problem.

And of course you should get your down pipe lagged as well. and I wouldn't recommend fitting it yourself, I managed to talk the lads at the local exhaust center to fit it for me and it took them 3 hours!!!!!!!

Anyhow I am quite pleased with the results, sounds good with an increase of 15 BHP and 24 lb/ft torque.

Cheers

Mark
Old 29 May 2003, 10:26 AM
rayman_2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Justed fitted a magnex twindump DP to a HKS system and backbox, no probs with the fitting at all. Went straight on.

Old 29 May 2003, 10:30 AM
SPARKY WRX
Scooby Regular

I dont want to seam thick but whats twin dump!!!, is it the modified passage for the wastegate gas rarther than the standard 90 degree flow into one pipe.

mark
Old 29 May 2003, 11:36 AM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

Twin-dump = one pipe for turbo gases, one pipe for Wastegate gases (both meet and join at varying places depending on make) You can of course get the single dump downpipe with splitter mod (to stop wastegate and turbo gases clashing)