sunroof or rainroof !?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2003, 12:42 PM
floppy dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

peeps,
i apperar to be one of the few with a sunroof on my MY95 uk scoob and im having serious problems on the leaking front!
whenever it rains a fair amount the drainage pisses water through the roof lining and into the cockpit....
i have tried the usual bodging it with silicon but this doesnt appear to be working , has anyone got any decent ideas on getting it fixed?

cheers for your time dave
Old 16 May 2003, 02:53 PM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Been there done that mate, open the sunroof and theres some drainage hole, 2 at the front, ie in each corner. And 2 At the back, ie each corner. Get your self an air line a blow them out. It didnt work with mine so i had to get a Net Curtain wire, ie the ones used to put net curtains up in house and push that down each hole .Needs to be about 8 feet long thou .What happens is the drain holes come out behind the front wheels and get bunged up with crap etc . Hope this helps. It cured mine ?
Old 16 May 2003, 07:07 PM
floppy dave
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

ive tried this and unfortunately it didnt work but i ahve had a chap round today to look at it who know someone who used to fit them for subaru so theres hope yet,

it now appears that it is leakin from the seem that joins the skin of the roof so it migtht end up an expensive 1 i think

any other ideas gratefully recieved