Notices

hks afr fittting with hks fcd

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2003, 12:37 PM
scoobyfury
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a UK MY98 fitted with a hks fuel cut defencer, and i have just bought a hks air fuel regulator. Both came with the instructions in jap. But i managed to download them off the hks website. However, I've just downloaded the instructions for the afr and it says "If i have a vehicle fitted with a fuel cut defencer i should wire the afr between the fuel cut defencer and the factory ecu" Is this correct or should it go between the afr pin out of the ecu. I dont know if this is going to make any sense or not, Please help!
Old 11 May 2003, 03:59 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should be on the MAF sensor pin not the MAP sensor.

Some cars (not Scoobies) do not have MAP sensors and use a fuel cut based on MAF. Hence the FCD would go in the MAF signal wire, as would the AFR on these other cars. This is a known mistake in the HKS instructions for these devices.

Note that on a Scooby, using a AFR device will alter ignition timing along with fuelling. So if you lean out the mixture you will also advance the ignition, if you richen the mixture you will retard the ignition. Usually with higher boost, especially with a bigger turbo, you want a similar or leaner AFR with a good intercooler, but retarded ignition. Also you want to be able to adjust the mixture by RPM and not with a single channel adjustment.

IMHO the only safe way to setup an FCD and AFR (I built my own and fiddled extensively with them before moving onto reprogramming the ECU) is to use a knocklink and wideband AFR meter. You're probably better getting a Link ECU for it.
Old 11 May 2003, 06:37 PM
scoobyfury
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply John.
Old 01 February 2011, 08:36 PM
big deano
Scooby Regular

Default HKS AFR

HI CAN SOMEONE EITHER POST A PICTURE OF THE SIRES TO JOIN IT ONTO OR TELL ME WHICH WIRES AS IN COLOURS AND PLUGS AS I HAD ONE FITTED ON MY LAST ONE BUT DIDNT CHECK THANKS FOR ANY HELP IVE HAD A LOOK ON THE HKS SITE AND STILL NON THE WISER
Old 04 February 2011, 08:05 PM
big deano
Scooby Regular

anybody