Notices

What is going on between my SECS and ECU ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2003, 11:49 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Back in March I had my MY01 WRX TEK3'd by Bob Rawle. A couple of days previously I'd fitted a SECS S1001 unit.

On the way to have the car TEK3'd the CEL came on, the SECS showed that the EGT sensor had started malfunctioning. This has happened before and the sensor was replaced, as before the error code was P0546. After the TEK3 the EGT sensor seemed to start behaving itself, up until a few days ago when it started to bring up the CEL again.

Not having been able to get to a Subaru dealer over the weekend I reset the ECU with the SECS a couple of times to turn off the CEL and get rid of the error code.

Tonight whilst out for drive the CEL light came on so I pulled over and read the error code. At first everything seemed okay and the code was PO546 (EGT Sensor Circuit Malfunction).

However when I meant to press exit, after viewing the historical codes, I pressed enter by accident and it started to read the codes again.

I was really confused when it brought up P0131 (02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage) and gave that as the historic code too.

So I read the codes again and it came up with P1512 (ISC Solenoid valve Signal)

Then P0513 (Incorrect Immobiliser Key)

At this point I reset the ECU, turned the ignition off, restarted the engine and everything seemed fine. No CEL. I checked there were no error codes (current or historic) and prepared to pull away again, when the CEL came back on

I checked the current codes and there were none so checked the historicals, I was totally bemused when it showed 99 historic codes

Just in case you think i've been drink driving

After it showed this many codes I gave up and drove home.

The car is running faultlessly and is really, really quick.

WTF is going on ? I am now totally confused.

Nathan..

Should add that I've just noticed my windscreen washer jets when used are turning the SECS off
Old 13 April 2003, 11:52 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Just looked up the codes on the display above, P1241 and P1242 relate to a "2 Stage Twin Turbo System" which my car doesn't even have
Old 14 April 2003, 02:15 AM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

It could be a software bug.