Notices

Standerd recirc dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2003, 11:12 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i read about the leaking boost problems and the dump valves, the one about itmakeing a fog horn type noise under boost

picked up my wrx about a month or so ago and noticed the fog type noise after a few days, was unsure weather or not it was there from the start but suspected it may be leaking

borrowed a mates uk recirc valve last nite, and just compared them, looks identical to my jap wrx valve from the same year but it has diffrent part numbers on the top section, the bottom section has the same part numbers, anyways, fitted it and started it up, went for a gentle drive round the local dual carrigeways infested with roundabouts to warm her up
warmed up, spotted this blue thing with a huuuuge bonnet scoop in my mirror, has the new impreza headlights so i asume its one of them sti8 things??

anyways gave it a bit of stick to see if this sti would play, seamed to be keeping up so aproached the next roundabout came of the roundabout and stuck my foot down, HOLY ****!!!
that dumpvalve must have been leaking big time, it totaly caught me by suprise, pulls a LOT harder and smoother, i actualy felt like i did when i drove it for the 1st time and was stunned for a bit till i got used to it, was out about 10/15 mins and saw half a tank of juice disapear

and that blue car?? he was still there, but lagging on aceleration, but then again he might not have been giving it large like i was

whats the stats on them sti8 things? it had a massive bonnet scoop and iirc the wrx does not?
Old 30 March 2003, 11:22 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is the fella!
gold wheels and all, second time ive seen it on my estate now
its very shiney

265 ive read, never found the performance stats yet tho