Notices

Delta Dash Fault Code 21B6 - Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2003, 12:13 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Sti7 has the engine mgmt light coming on every 14 days or so. When we plug in Delta Dash it comes up with the following:-

21B6 - Preparatory Codes

I have contacted Powerstation (they set up the car originally), Ecutek (David Powers) and neither knows what this means. Ecutek have suggested that it is an "unlisted development fault code", and "not something any Subaru dealer would recognise".

Has anyone out there ever seen this code?

It's a Litchfield modified car, engine mods are Unichip piggy back chip, Dawes, full decat, boost guage, Scoobysport OBDII Box + suspension upgrade.

I already have the uprated fuel pump, and I hope to have this and Knocklink fitted this week, as I'm getting nervous about driving the car.
Old 10 March 2003, 12:18 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe this sounds terrible, but if it is not detting and DD shows a rich mixture, and it drives well, and no one can tell you.... ignore it?
Old 10 March 2003, 12:27 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

Hi John
I spoke to Pete Croney at Scoobysport, and he thinks it might be that the OBD box is wrongly wired. Looking back at when that was changed, and it was just after this that the message started appearing then it makes sense.
Checking out this theory tonight.

Your comments don't sound terrible, but to ignore the engine mgmt light if it's something else could be a very expensive mistake. I can only beg steal or borrow so many shots of the Delta Dash I get access to. In time if I dont cure it then I may have to do what you suggest and buy Delta Dash (trade in house pc for laptop first).
Old 10 March 2003, 01:35 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

It just sounds such an obscure code, would be nice if you found a cause, but not impossible that you won't. With the Unichip and the OBD box there is possibly a combination of signals which do not fit into normal patterns triggering an error? The new ECUs have so many checks and balances compared with the old.

Checking the OBD box sounds good. The other option is to start taking things off the car towards standard and find the culprit that way, but costly and expensive.

At the end of the day if you can't find a solution
Old 10 March 2003, 01:45 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

Smile

JB
"At the end of the day if you can't find a solution ..."

You must have been interrupted, did your lunch arrive?:-)

Returning the car to standard is not easy, as I don't have any of the original parts. I don't think Iain Litchfield has them either.

The garage that installed the box say that they cut the wires from the old box, and soldered onto them - rather than interfering with the loom etc. Difficult to see how this could have gone wrong, unless the original box was wired incorrectly. Unless some soldering has come loose. I'll know tomorrow, am going to see Brain Downie @ Kemnay.
Old 10 March 2003, 05:23 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

LOL I think lunch did arrive at that point I was caught mid waffling away probably.

Old 10 March 2003, 09:08 PM
GRANT
Scooby Regular

Clubby,
We have very similar cars ,e-mail me and I can give you some help.
Cheers

Grant
Old 11 March 2003, 12:04 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

I have been enlightened, and now know what this is caused by. It's nothing to worry about. If once I fit the Knocklink I discover it's detting then it's remap by Ecutek, and bye bye Unichip. If it's okay then I have to decide whether to get remap, or leave as is with the eng mgmt light coming on.