Notices

Bosch Coil packs

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2003, 06:07 PM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I currently have a hesitation/ stutter on light acceleration and hve been rading about and think it could be the coil packs (its a MY93 WRX) as I had one replaced a few months ago by power engineering so quite possible they are all on they way out. I have read about some bosch coil packs that people have used to upgrade these cars and was wondering if anybody knows of a garage (UK) that does this as an upgrade / can supply these coil packs as I don't realy fany the soud of doing this myself ?

Thanks Ali G
Old 19 February 2003, 10:24 PM
WEBSTER
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

don't be hasty changing coil packs , i changed mine because of the same symptoms and they were all fine , so i have a spare set of coil packs ,my symptoms dissapeared about a week later , they are not bad to change either!
Matt
Old 19 February 2003, 11:40 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

The bosch coils change is not as easy as that..

Only available in Oz etc.. I have the guys website address on my other machine at home.

I was going to buy them and do the change but he delayed sending them as he was out of stock but failed to tell me that so after waiting 4weeks and no replies to emails I got annoyed and so started replacing them with standard ones..

They are £48.22 + VAT each from a dealers or £25+VAT secondhand from www.gradea-subaru.co.uk

They seem to decay at a similar rate.. I changed one of mine first and just replace the other three and it has transformed the car.. although it could be possible your problem is not the coils..

Perhaps you could get them tested at the place that replaced the one for you?

JGM
Old 20 February 2003, 11:08 PM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Appreciate the replies boys but I was looking for a garage to do this because I have an RAC warranty that should cover the costs etc.

just wondering if possibly not the coil packs what do you think it might be?