Notices

Hayward & Scott VS KHS Hiper

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2003, 11:13 PM
lizzard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am trying to decide between the KHS Hiper with a Scoobysport d/p and a Hayward & Scott stainless system with their d/p which is like the Scoobysport one.

Any one out there with views on which is the better system?
Old 31 January 2003, 12:04 AM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

hayward and scott make the scoobysport one

scoobysport re-badge em
Old 31 January 2003, 12:06 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

I think Scoobysport have changed their supplier & they are now made by Scorpion
Old 31 January 2003, 04:08 AM
R.B
Scooby Regular

Janspeed make them for scoobysport
Old 31 January 2003, 05:43 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

H&S made the downpipes for Scoobysport only for the old shape models, new Scoobysport downpipes are from Janspeed as mentioned.
Old 31 January 2003, 08:20 AM
nom
Scooby Senior

While trying to step a very fine-line here , the 'old' Scoobysport dp is the cuurent H&S one, and the new Scoobysport one is based on the same style/design. The H&S has proved to be one of the best designs out there; Scoobysport claim that their new one is an improvement, but it has yet to be proved by the masses. My suspicion if that if there is an improvement, unless your playing in the 350bhp+ arena you're not going to notice it...
Seeming you're in Trinidad, the best one is probably the one which is easier to get hold of!
Old 31 January 2003, 09:41 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

For clairity, Janspeed have been making all of our exhaust parts since October last year.

Janspeed have extensive R&D facilities, as a result of their work for international race, rally and bike teams. In fact they supply the exhausts for a certain rally team that you may know, but I have been asked not to name

Parts are CAD desinged and computer simulation flow tested. The CAD info is then transfered to CNC benders and prototypes are flow tested on one of the test rigs shown on our website.

Working with them, we redesigned pipe layouts for better fit and clearance, but also for better flow. As they have flow test equipment, we were able to accurately measure the effects of the differences between each prototype and how much this improved over what we were selling before. Some improvements were small, some were considerable. All were welcome. Because Janspeed CNC mandrel bend our parts, we know that every single piece of pipe is an exact replica of the best performing prototype. Once bent, they are assembled in jigs and welded by some of the very best people in the business.

The pictures of the welds, shown on our website, are typical. The pipe you receive will be welded to exactly the same standard, or better. To show off this quality, we have every rear silencer box completely polished

Trending Topics

Old 31 January 2003, 09:44 AM
The TunnelMeister
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Lizzard, Steve again,

we don't know what car this is for and what you want out of it? The question should really be 'which is the best exhaust for what I'm trying to achieve?'.

What model car, are you wanting more bhp, if so how much, more torque, same question mate, OR do you just want a 'nice' noise?

When you get into this type of comparison unless your prepared to do other mods to get the best overall result your not going to tell the difference between them IMHO.

My suggestion, if you've not had a decat d/p before, just go with your wallet for now and do the fine tuning later.

btw, hope your weather is better than here.... -3 deg C at the mo

Steve.
Old 31 January 2003, 02:52 PM
lizzard
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for the info guys!!

Steve my car is a UK MY00 however I am getting this exhaust for my buddys JDM STi7. Money is not an issue with him. He just wants the better of the two complete systems either the full H&S with their d/p or the KHS Hiper also fitted with the Scoobysport styled d/p.

Both systems are 3" decatted HKS = 581 H&S = 605 so very similar in price. So what I am really trying to find out is which of these systems are better for all out performance i.e greatest gains in bhp and torque.

My buddy has his camera with him in Miami till next week.