Notices

'Orid noise from up front at speed

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2002, 10:45 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Wow, after one month I'm at 6,500 miles :-)

The only thing spoiling the fun is that at speed - on a private road - I occasionally get a really nasty noise and vibration that sounds a bit like a lorry braking coming up from the front right and / or left. It seems to happen during acceleration at over 100-120 and it sure worries me.

The garage said it's probably a stone stuck in the brakes but it doesn't happen at lower speeds where I'd expect some sound/vibration if that was the case.

Should I insist that they take a close look? Is it likely to be dangerous? My only worry is that as it is currently only happening at quite high speeds they won't want to replicate the speed to find what I'm talking about....

I thought that this may be something that people here have experienced before....?

Cheers!

:-)

Mike
Old 10 December 2002, 11:09 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I have a similar fault with mine. It's more of a thumping/rumbling but it's only noticable between 90 and a ton. Not exactly something i want to go to the warranty company and complain about.

What you could do is tell them it's an intermittent fault so they might not be able to replicate it (just don't tell them at what speed). Tell them it's concerning you very much as the car is almost new and insist that they look into it.
Old 11 December 2002, 09:26 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Hmm, probably best taking it in then!

Cheers!

Mike