Notices

Hi im new and need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2002, 11:20 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

As ive been a cav turbo owner i saw the light and got myself an uk spec impreza 2000 4wd 1995 it has the sti kit etc, as i was driving home other day i heard c.v joint clicking so it needs fixed but ive been told it maybe full shaft type also end cap on radiator has hole in it now also, as i dont know my way around the car i was told by jim at Star Performance to try and join the scoobynet board and the guys and girls will beable to help.

i would like to know where and how much i can get a c.v joint if ican or if it is full driveshaft and can you help with my plastic end cap problem please

thanks for reading this

Damian
Old 27 November 2002, 11:28 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Someone is breaking an MY94 in the for sale section. Whatever part you need can be harvested from that car mate. Besides, it works out cheaper this way.

Oh I also advice you to talk to rally colin as he also deals with breaking stuff. The only thing is, he's in Reading and the other guy is up north if i recall correctly.

edit: by breaking, I meant in both in parts stripping and literally breaking a car as he rallies too.

[Edited by Katana - 11/27/2002 11:30:49 PM]
Old 27 November 2002, 11:31 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

thanks for that i just saw it posted a reply fingers crossed, im totally lost with this car im like a virgin to it the cav turbo was alot easier to do, i need too see what boost is safe and what to do and dont do etc have to learn it all again but feel lost
Old 27 November 2002, 11:38 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

I won't give you a definative answer on what boost is safe, but since like me, you have a Version 1 car (best ever made), it is harder than the newer ones. In my previous car (MY93) I had it boosting "safely" at 23 psi. I now have a 95 RA but the boost is still stuck at 1.1 bar as I don't thing she's "ready" for it....yet.

Anyway, if you know the basics of turbo cars, you'll have no problems adapting to it's all the same on paper.
Old 27 November 2002, 11:40 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

thanks mate , ill be fitting FMIC soon, what to u mean by RA sorry if i sound daft mate
Old 27 November 2002, 11:42 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Race Altered. For more info on different Jap Scooby models, check out:

http://www.iwoc.co.uk/jpimp.html
Old 27 November 2002, 11:43 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

nice one m8 thanks
Old 27 November 2002, 11:44 PM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

There's a guy the breaks scoob's, he's close to Buxton, called Grade A Subaru, there phone number is 0166374414.

He knows his stuff, and pretty much breaks only Impreza's....they have a website http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk/ give them a try.

I've had stuff for my scoob from him.
Old 27 November 2002, 11:45 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

cheers mate
Old 28 November 2002, 08:25 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sent u a list of scooby breakers
Si
PS also try SIDC faq 4 sum good basic info
Old 28 November 2002, 10:49 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Damo,
it depends on what power you wish to gain from your scoob, adding a FMIC will mean you need a new ecu as they are prone to detting if just fitted without a remap/new ecu.
If you want say 300-320bhp then the TMIC will probably suffice, much after that and its safe to say that you should be saving for an engine rebuild, reliable as scoobs engines are, they can still let go like any other modified car.

Tony
Old 28 November 2002, 09:39 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

i know mate ive just got rid of a cav turbo i spent £5000 to get it to 263bhp and 296lBS OF TORQUE then i smashed it into a roundabout i had designed my own FMIC on that but on the scooby looks like a lot bigger job i was thinking of trying to make top intercooler bigger or am i wasting money ?? i need some veiws and help on it mate was kinda chip does scoobies use cav was superchip then i changed to gav wallaces phase 2 kit well better, what kinda cost are we looking at for chip, id be happy with 300bhp mate

thanks for replying

Damian

p.s my car is not a sti it just has the kit its an MY95 impreza 2000 4wd just incase peeps think i have due to user name
Old 28 November 2002, 09:48 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

No point getting an uprated TMIC. You'd end up with heat soak, remember, heated air normally goes up instead of sideways, well it does to a certain degree but very negligable for automotive purposes. Okay so I have skived too much thermodynamics lectures but i'll go tommorrow, honest. We're learning about reactors tommorrow and this should be fun. Skived the last 2 weeks as its about "ancient" combustion engines.