Old 24 November 2002, 08:04 PM
Telephonewire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

O.K. here we go....

Following on from my previous thread:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=152430

Diagram to go here when I know how to up load it !

The above diagram shows the ignitions system on a 2.0 Turbo Legacy (UK spec) which I suspect is very similar if not identical to my imported Twin Turbo Legacy ignition system.

The car won’t start because there is no spark. Have tried a different Igniter but with no luck.

Have measured the voltages coming from the ECU (pins 1, 8, 15 & 20 on the diagram) and they appear to fluctuate between about 0.1 volts and 0.4volts. Apparently the manual says (for a UK Impreza Turbo) that the voltage should fluctuate between about 0.1 volts and 3.8 volts. Does anyone know if these figures are correct? The manuals some times have the decimal places in the wrong place so I am told!

I read some where that the voltage on these ECU pins to the Igniter are 0 volts and ‘floating’ but this seems to contradict the diagram, any help?

Could a fault by some thing else cause the ECU not to give out a sparking signal whilst still injecting fuel?

Can the ECU go into some sort of ‘safety mode’ if something serious has happened?

Does anyone know of or have a workshop manual or and specification on this part of the ignition system for a Legacy Twin Turbo (1995) or someone I could contact who could throw some more light on it?

I would really love to drive the car some day …..!

Many thanks….

Jeffrey
Cambridge

P.S. How do you up load jpg's onto this site? (Then I can upload the diagram I am talking about!)

[Edited by Telephonewire - 11/24/2002 8:53:34 PM]