Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone got a clue where water temp sensor is and is it easy to get at
this in on my99/00..tks
Old 23 November 2002, 02:53 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

It is under the inlet manifold in the pipe that joins the 2 halves of the block together .
Old 23 November 2002, 03:08 PM
NINJA
Scooby Regular

is it easy to get at or a pig
Old 23 November 2002, 05:50 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Cool

Its a dam site easier to get to than the earlier imprezza's. Ive just done mine yesterday and it was a nightmare. Its located on the left hand side looking at the engine just under the inlet pipes joining both blocks. There is a sensor and a thing next to it that also looks like a sensor!! the biggest one is the water temp sensor!!

Thing youll get to it without having to remove much!! youll need a spanner or deep socket 19mm (I think) and dont forget there will be pressure there if its been running!!

Hope this helps
Ronniebiggs
Old 23 November 2002, 06:05 PM
NINJA
Scooby Regular

why have u replaced yours?
i am thinking mine might be faulty due poor cold start and revs dip to about 500-600 then back up when i depress the clutch if engine is cold
when engine is warm all is fine
what did u have to remove to get at it..as i will claim on warranty if it is faulty
Old 23 November 2002, 06:15 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Mine was replaced because the fault code was water temp sensor and knock sensor!
It was a pig on mine, I smashed the header tank in the process of changing the sensors and had to pay for it to be repaired.

First I removed the intercooler, strut barce, air intake to the turbo (the air filter and pipe I mean by this) the dump valve and a lot of pipes in the way, then I could get a spanner down into the sensor which was under the inlet manifold and I managed to get it out. It absolutly nacked my hand!!! as I had to squeeze it between a nipple looking piece of metal that was sticking in my rist and a nice lump of metal on the intake was sticking in the front of my hand!!!!

If your patient and are quite confident its not to bad!!!
Mine was done on a WRX 1994 yours sounds like a new car and if so it should be quite easy!! The only prob youll have possibly is getting a tool onto the sensor, then getting enough movement on it to get it out!!

Im sure Subaru must have custom made tools for every different nut and bolt, because you can be dam sure nothing wants to fit!!!

Dont really knopw enough about scoobys yet to be able to diagnose your problem but hope this advice helps!!
Regards Ronniebiggs