Notices

anybodys scoob gone into safe mode b4?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2002, 12:54 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

drove my scoob through big puddle and now it will not go over 4000 revs also check engine lights come on! has this happened to anybody else? i called scoob garage and they say it sounds like its gone into safe mode and it could cost loads to fix :-( can anybody help?
Old 23 November 2002, 06:36 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Dont know a great deal about this but what I would do is reset the ecu, either yourself or by a garage, this should remove the old codes stored in the ecu and therefore come out of safe mode. However if there is a problem after the car has dried out. Ie when the ecu has been reset, nothing happens (in other words its still the same) then you have a problem!!! possibly a knackered sensor!!

If this is the case flash the code out using the 2 black connectors under the dash at the very top (have only 1-2 wires in and are small, proverbly near 2 green conectors of similar size)
connect the black connectors, turn ignition on then work out the fault code!! If it flashes for a long burst that = 10 and a short quick burst =1. Add up the short and long bursts get a number and e-mail me as my profile shows and I will tell you which sensor is faulty if you carnt find out yourself.

Sorry if you know this already, hope it helps!!
Regards Ronniebiggs
Old 23 November 2002, 07:06 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

what MY do you have. If its a MY99-00, then big puddle, could have got water into air box somehow and then onto maf, which will then be buggered, it will then have gone into safe mode.

Do NOT drive it hard in safe mode, otherwise it WILL cost you loads.

As above check with the connectors what the error code says, that will give you an idea!