Notices

Error code if Speedo not connceted????

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2002, 08:05 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

While fitting my knocklink the speedo cable came off the back of the speedo. I pushed the knocklink cables thru' the same grommit as the speedo cable and must have pulled it out .... it wasn't in very well as i it was a real pain to get it back in after installing my Lockwood dials (over two years ago!). Anyway does the ECU get a vehicle speed input from the gearbox which also goes to the back of the speedo? Would the fact that this is not connected cause the check engine light to occasionally flash on (it never stays on for long)? I've checked the error code and i think it's 24 (idle thingy), however maybe i have got long and short flashes wrong and it is 33 (speed sensor).

Im going to put the cable back on saturday (gonna have to take the instrument binacle out etc.... and it's too dark to do after i get back from work ) and reset the ECU. Just woundered if anybody knows whether this is does cause the check engine light to come on now and again??

Cheers,

Tony.
Old 09 October 2002, 05:01 PM
Stephen Cole
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
It should cause it to come on continually (error code 33 if I remember correctly), and will limit you to 4500 rpm 'get you home' mode
Old 09 October 2002, 09:01 PM
dazfzr
Scooby Regular

when my speedo cable broke(93wrx)it caused the car to run in limp mode(4500rpm limiter),but the engine check light stayed on till i fixed the cable,not sure if this is any help,darren
Old 10 October 2002, 07:19 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.... don't think it's that then. The cars free to make full boost and revs to the redline . The error code must be 24 then not 33, the idelair solenoid thingy, better bet my brake cleaner out and give it a squirt.

Cheers,

Tony.