Notices

***Help my Scooby is sic***

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2002, 10:01 PM
Smiler1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have just had the fun task of having my WRX (MY94) towed home, not a good end to the day to say the least.
I was just about to enter the Tyne Tunnel when the car stopped; it just cut out and wouldn’t restart. It was lucky I hadn’t entered the tunnel yet or I would have been in for a bit of a tow out charge.

When I turn on the ignition the check engine light doesn’t come on nor does the cat on fire light. The car still turns over but wont start.
After we got the car home I found that this fuse, see pic, had blown.

Can any one tell me what the fuse does or is connected to, if I replace it the car will start, check engine light comes and stays on, but it just blows the fuse again, so it is still shorting out somewhere.

Has anybody had any experience of this or any suggestions??

Thanks in advance for your time
Old 20 September 2002, 09:05 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Question

I've got some diagrams on my pc at home. I'll have a look tonight and see if I can find out what it connects to.
Old 20 September 2002, 12:58 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Some info here that might help http://www.jimclarkeracing.co.uk/~sc...t/premy97.html
Old 04 October 2002, 01:09 PM
Smiler1
Scooby Regular

Chris, Charlie
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry it has taken me so long to reply. The day after the car cut out I went to Boston on holiday.

I found out that the fuse is for the ECU (amongst a few other things). So when it went pop the car stopped – better than buggering the Link ECU though.

The reason it went was I fitted a P1 lambda sensor in my ScoobySport down pipe and I didn’t secure the sensor cable securely, after a few miles it must have slipped on to the turbo and it melted the 12V+ wire which went straight to earth.

If I had not been flapping so much I could have probably got the car home without a tow, but at the time I couldn’t see the wood for the trees as they say.

Anyway lesson learnt – don’t do a half arsed job.

Thanks for the help and Chris I had downloaded the pdf’s just about as soon as they went up, as somebody else on the bbs said 47.2MB of pure gold.

Cheers
S