Notices

Error Log Info

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2002, 10:25 PM
WRXKM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done a flash test on my ECU as I was keep getting a prob with check engine light coming on intermittently

After checking the code I have found too apparent faults

Code 45 (Atmospheric pressure sensor)

Code 24 (Air control valve )

Can anyone help out as I dont know what to do..

The other thing is since resetting ECU I have had no probs and been out for a good blast today over 200 hundered miles done

Can anyone advise what I can check just to be on the safe side as car is performing well and engine light only seems to come on when car is coasting i.e down a bank in lwer gear etc if clutch is depressed the light will go off????

Any help welcomed as my head is done in/!!!!
Old 25 June 2002, 06:41 PM
WRXKM
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 25 June 2002, 08:37 PM
wightey
Scooby Regular

i had a problem with an occasional code 45 being stored in my ecu memory. the symtoms were an occasional hesitation while accelerating fully. it happened about once a fortnight.
apparently it was the boost solenoid, (where did you see it was the atmospheric pressure sensor as maybe i should check my code list?) i cleaned it with brake cleaner fluid and fine although i got another one just incase as its a MY94 and it may just be getting old. theres plenty of threads about how to do it. just spray it into the hoses and run the car as it evaporates. its on the suspension turret on the drivers side.
it could have been old errors that arent relevant though so to check you can join the two single black connectors under the steering column and turn on the ignition, but dont start the car. the check engine light will flash you any error codes stored by giving long flashes for the first digit, short ones for the second. each code has two digits. it will pause and then go onto the next code if theres more than one. if its all clear it will just give a constant flash.
if you want to check if theres a current fault, with engine warm connect the green t shaped ones and do the same. the fans will come on, boost solenoid will cycle etc and if anythings faulty it will flash up the code to you.
to reset the ecu, connect both with the engine warm and start the car. you may need to drive it up the road for a bit until it flashes the all clear, constant on.off.

i hope this helps you out. will you let me know where you found the error codes list so i can look over it please.