Notices

Valve cover compatibility for EJ257

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2023, 02:36 AM
Northwind
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve cover compatibility for EJ257

Hi, I'm sourcing parts for an engine build, and just tracking down some W25 sti heads with the dual avcs. But the suppliers I like most, both have heads but no valve covers for 'em. A little googling suggests that 13264AA400 and 13278AA320 is the part number for every sti from 04-19, and the applications list suggest that those same heads come on a wide range of turbo 2.5s- Foresters, Legacies, WRXs and Stis, from 04 to 21. Probably but not definitely every variant in fact.

So, I'm pretty confident that any 2.5 turbo valve covers will not just fit but be literally the same part, and that the 2.0 turbo valve covers I have will not fit. Does anyone know if that's the case though? Ideally I'd love to have a confirmation from people who've used the parts, I think I've confirmed it as far as possible via web sources but they can be wrong as can the nut behind the keyboard.

(background- I'm starting from an EJ257 bottom end that I already own, and due to a plan change i'm just sticking W25 heads on it and essentially creating a hatch engine. This is for a JDM Legacy twinscroll which needs a complete engine, so rather than sticking a direct replacement in I'm bumping the capacity and hopefully the reliability. I'm using the W25s as the car is dual avcs standard, not for any other reason. Big power's not on the cards but hopefully it'll make for a pretty nice daily and hold up well for occasional track visits. I have the original engine still to donate small parts)

Andrew

Old 02 February 2023, 11:02 AM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The 2.0 & 2.5 quad avc's W20 & W25 heads cam covers are the same, they did change the bolt type on later engines to unshouldered plain bolts & deleted the plastic cam half moons at the rear, pity you did'nt post this a couple of weeks ago as I scrapped off a dozen or more covers.
Old 02 February 2023, 06:00 PM
Northwind
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that! In that case the ones on the dead engine <probably> fit, I wasn't expecting that.Good news

Cheers,
Andre