Another Legacy B4 misfire thread

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2021, 11:16 PM
Jroc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Legacy B4 misfire thread

Hey gents and gent-ettes,

Figured I'd reach out and see what the collective think. I have a 2000 B4 Rev.C manual, I've had it for about 5 years and bought it off the importer who owned and drove it for ~6 months before selling it to me. Been a relatively good car, love driving this thing. Original owner replaced the timing belt, water pump, plugs, replaced many of the vacuum lines, maf, intank-fuel filter, and cleaned out the IAC. I replaced the o2 with a bosch unit a year after getting it and just recently replace the knock sensor as it was throwing a code (The most enjoyable thing I have ever done on a car)

A few weeks ago I was making a pull up a hill when the car suddenly died, it was rather violent, car was at full boost at the time. Managed to pull it over to the side, and it fired right back up, but now had a cel, and was idling rough. Got it home in limp mode, pulled the code, it was for the maf. Got a Napol maf, CEL went out, but now I have a wicked miss, most noticeable at idle, hot or cold. Smooths out a little with some rpm, but at a warm idle the engine has a serious shake to it. Just to rule things out I went ahead and replaced the coils and plugs, made no difference. Managed to get ecu explorer hooked up and grabbed some screenshots for the experts. Car looks like its running way too rich with that AFR correction?

What are opinions on this being a sh1tty new maf now causing this?

SS 1 is just after start up

SS 2 is with some heat in it

and SS 3 is fully warmed