Notices

Steering Wheel Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2020, 11:57 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Compatability

Was going to put this in the interior section but this seems like the busier section so..

I'm after changing the steering wheel in my 2003 blobeye, I'd like one with media controls and have found an 08 forester wheel with media controls that doesn't look so bad, will it fit on my blobeye direct or is there a way to do so? Would I need the collar part (can't remember it's technical name atm)? Of course the air bag needs to work as well and as I have (vaguely) discovered after a certain year the ignition type changed for the airbag but I haven't yet found out if there is a solution to that.

I don't know of any other wheels with media controls that would work but if there is one please let me know. I am aware the hatch and newer cars have media controls but I don't fancy paying 3-400 for a wheel when the forester one can be had for less than 100.
I am also aware the controls won't just work before anyone mentions it, but with the right adaptor for my headunit it will so all that matters right now is what will actually fit on my car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01 May 2020, 08:44 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Bump because I'd still like to know, with the added question of can you convert a standard wheel to quick release and still have everything work properly?
Would be convenient to be able to swap between standard wheel with airbag and media controls to race wheel.