Notices

Keys 2008 sti hatch(both have separate issue)

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2020, 09:12 PM
renitent_entity
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keys 2008 sti hatch(both have separate issue)

Question about keys, got 2008 impreza sti hatch, has the one button key. Basically one of them the case is shot and needs replacing the then the other one wont let you start the car with it.
  1. The shot key, am I able to take internals out and place in a second hand key I get off the net (some parts seem moulded into fob case thou)
  2. The key that looks in good shape, do I need to reprogram this and if so is this a job i can do myself or do i have to send it away or take it somewere
Currently only got the one good key so need to keep risk low with this repair, please let me know what you lot think.
Old 06 February 2020, 10:33 PM
John 37
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't mess about with broken keys. I have used a key repair company in the past with excellent results. Unfortunately I can't remember the company name but Google gets many results.
Old 07 February 2020, 01:50 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

worth talking to these guys, they are one of the few that do the keyless entry fobs for hatches, which is why I keep looking to buy from them.

http://www.car-keys-online.com/searc...phrase=subaru+
Old 07 February 2020, 03:16 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

The MY08 hatch and later is equipped with a Sigma S series alarm rather than the earlier M series.

If you have "keys" it is a model S34 ( should be a label at base of Lefthand B pillar) and with the smart entry card versions (330S and MY11 saloons) the S32.

If you know the PIN for the alarm (keypad mounted on inside of fuse cover at drivers right knee) you can "re-pair" your keys to the alarm.

Programming Radio Keys to the System:
The user can add or remove radio keys to/from the system as follows:
i) Type in to the keypad **
ii) Type in to the keypad the <existing PIN code>
iii) Type in to the keypad *991 * < the number of keys to be used> #
iv) Press the first Radio Key button briefly and release, the siren will bleep and the dashboard LED will flash.
v) Repeat until all Radio Keys have been taught to the system.
Note the maximum number of Radio Keys is 4 and all Radio Keys required to operate the system must be taught
during this one operation - any Radio Key not included will no longer operate the system.

I believe Subaru do a key repair kit consisting of the one button cover and the internal pcb with button.

As the car is fitted with an OEM Immobiliser as well as the Sigma setup the key body also contains a transponder chip.

Last edited by Don Clark; 07 February 2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 15 February 2020, 09:08 AM
Matt Gooner Moulding
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Give a guy on Facebook a shout called Subaru replacement key services. Replaced my broken hatch key for £80 or could do both sets of keys for £140 odd quid I believe. Very happy with what he done. Com

es with the key ring aswell.