Notices

Tuning Power FC...which load point is it reading?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2002, 08:35 AM
annointed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an Apex'i Power FC, and the car is running great, with no detonation, and reasonably aggressive timing advance, and an excellent A/F ratio, according to the dyno sniffer.

Now, once I upgrade my turbo and injectors, I'll have to re-open my can of worms and re-tune the Power FC again. My question is, does anyone know how to determine which load point the ecu is accessing at any given moment? As far as I can tell, there is no way to determine this precisely, which is frustrating, and even dangerous. In each of its maps, it has a grid of 20 RPM points, and 20 load points, but I see no way of determining which load point it is accessing at any one moment, except to note the timing it ran at that moment, and use that to roughly determine which point it was accessing...this is tedious and imprecise, and it makes me nervous to try to do it with the fuel maps when I have to upgrade injectors...IS THERE A BETTER WAY??? I don't have a Power Excel dealer within 2000 miles of me, and, besides, it's a Power FC for a jdm EJ20, not a usdm car.

Thanks.

Mark

Old 20 June 2002, 01:48 PM
light12il
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi there.

i think if you wish to know the exact load points you are running at you should go to monitor and then bottom row that says map tracer , it will show you a map consisting of 20 x 20 points
and from there on it should be simple enough , any other question
feel free .