Notices

Engine misfire spec c Hawkeye.

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2019, 09:55 AM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine misfire spec c Hawkeye.

Pulled my car out of winter storage the other day as the weather was starting to pick up and we had a few nice days and all was fine to start with,

After a good few miles I decided on some fast road driving through the country lanes not far from me and it wasn't long before the car developed a misfire so we took it easy and got it back home,

Next day I changed the plugs and it was running better than ever and was buzzing I'd fixed the problem,

I also ordered some new sure fire red uprated coilpacks which came the next day,

Now here's the weird part.....I installed the new coilpacks and the misfire was back!! Gutted...at first I thought one of the new coilpacks was dodgy so I started to put the old coilpacks back in one by one and run the car to try and identify if it was one of the new coilpacks.

I've now put all the old coilpacks back in and the misfire is still there,

the car hasn't moved anywhere and was running fine before I put the new coilpacks in which is now making me think it's got to be the coilpack connectors.

My question to you lot is what is the best way to try and identify if it is the connectors and how to change them and also where do I buy these connectors from.

Thanks in advance ...liam.
Old 29 April 2019, 01:41 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the misfire at high rpm's only?
Old 29 April 2019, 01:54 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No mate.

The misfire is there as soon as I start the car up..

I've sorted it now though... A bit of brake cleaner in the coilpcack connectors did the job and it's now running better than ever.