Notices

Rear window rattle

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2018, 06:38 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Rear window rattle

So my rear window rattles like a smackhead coming down from an 18 year binge whenever I'm on any slightly bumpy road and it's driving me mad, if I open the boot I can put my fingers under the lip of the rear window and lift it, the rattle is undoubtedly coming from this along with a not as annoying squeak from the rubber, the sides seem secure and the window doesn't shift in any way besides me being able to lift it at the bottom.

My question is, how easy is it to remove the rear window without snapping the clips and is this bottom section usually secured with some kind of adhesive or glue? If it is supposed to be glued or similar I'm sure I can get a nozzle between the window and frame without removing it but that's assuming my thinking is correct.

Funds are tight at the moment so would rather not pay an auto glass place to do something I can do myself and with the mot due the end of next week (please pass, I can't afford you not to lol) and children's birthdays paying out as little as possible till after Christmas is essential

​​​​Any help is much appreciated

​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old 24 September 2018, 08:56 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't do it yourself. Heated window can skin you for hundreds if u break it. Ring one of the windscreen repair companies if rear window okay and not warped they probably refit for under £100