Sponsored by:

Rear window rattle finally fixed after 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2006, 10:40 AM
snerkler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Rear window rattle finally fixed after 2 years

I've had an annoying rattle from the rear window/windscreen for 2years on my 2004 STi. It's been in and out of dealers several times and they've tried all sorts of things; looking at seaat belt fastenings, putting dynomat everywhere, rear shocks. I've always insisted it was coming from the rear window and sounded like something was tapping on it Anyway, when I took my car in for the rear shocks to be replaced again (seperate known fault of the 2004 STi) at St Ledgers I just happened to mention it again, not in any hope it would get sorted. To my surprise one of the mechanincs turned round and said "I know what that is, it's the rear window mounts". Supposedly the rear window mounts have pegs on to help guide the window into the correct place when being fitted by the machines at the factory. Unfortunatley these pegs have been found to protrude through the rubber seal and cause the complaint I'd mentioned. he said all you need to do is cut the pegs off and re-seal the window. Been done and no annoying rattle anymore Now I love my Scoob even more Only trouble is now I'm really stuggling in the finance department and so may have to sell it . If I do I still want to have a Scooby, so will just have to get an older one. Trouble is I don't know much about the older Scoobs. Which ones will have a similar performance to mine, but be around the 5-6k mark?

Last edited by snerkler; 08 December 2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08 December 2006, 10:54 AM
terzo204
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be looking at a MY98 to MY00 for that money. Have a look in the for sale section in here. Any classic would be up to modern STI level in terms of accleration, IMO - I have had both.

If money is the issue, I would get a cherished UK model. Despite what everyone says on here, you know what your getting and the insurance will be cheeper.

Mike

(Awaiting for the comprehensive flaming from all import owners)