Notices

Is red wrinkle paint the right shade these days?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2018, 10:32 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is red wrinkle paint the right shade these days?

Just about to repaint my inlet while it's off and wondered if the vht red wrinkle paint is the right shade as in the past it hasn't always been.

Is there a certain brand or paint code for the right one to match the sti red manifold?

cheers

Wayne.
Old 20 September 2018, 11:21 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Me and a mate recently bought a tin of red and black each. I have only tried my black so far (worked out great) but he used his red. From his pictures I'd say its slightly pinker than the manifold but its always going to be hard to match. All my (factory) wrinkle red Perrin bits are more vibrant red than my manifold for example.

Old 21 September 2018, 12:59 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here, you go Perrin use 2 different colours in their production run of Red parts which is disappointing

I'm waiting on my red samco hose kits then going to get a powder colour match so engine bay looks sweet ---- Original Message ----
Subject: RE: New submission from International Shipping Quote
Sent: 20 Jul 2018 00:10
To: Aaron Regan
Cc:
Hi Aaron,The color we use Prismatic desert red and/or DuPont wrinkle red. We do still have a lot of parts available for the 06-07 Subaru STI’s, we just decide to discontinue the parts that aren’t being sold as much to make room for the new inventory. With this last sale we were able to get rid of all our discontinued parts for that year, make, and model. So, we wouldn’t have any to sell for right now. Next year there will most likely be more discontinued items and we will do a similar process to try and get rid of them. As far as a final run, I don’t believe thatis something we do. On occasion we do make special parts for our Wholesale distributors, but that’s about it. If you need anything else or have any more questions, let me know. Thanks and have a great day, Frances Bacon | Sales and Customer Service

Hours of Operation: 7:30AM-5:00PM, Monday-ThursdayALTA and PERRIN Performance | (503)693-17023111 NE Shute Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Old 21 September 2018, 02:02 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to try the black on my inlet, will vht go straight on bare or is a primer needed ?