Notices

Decat Pipe Stage 2 remap? Help please

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2018, 12:27 AM
SubaruHatchSTI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Decat Pipe Stage 2 remap? Help please

Not my first post in relation to a new pipe for my Subaru but different. Basically after looking into the different options I think I want to run a de cat pipe but been advised by a custom exhaust manufacturer that in order to run a de cat I will need a stage 2 remap? Does this mean I will have to change a lot of other parts too as well, not fully clued up on it all unfortunately. If so what else will I have to run add in order to run one? Looks like a normal cat back would be a lot easier but I want to achieve the best I can without spending crazy money. Advice much appreciated thanks people
Old 11 February 2018, 12:31 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

basically fitting a decat messes with the air fuel ratios etc and needs adjusted in the map as will usually throw up a eml light on the dash. you are confusing the ecu when you mess with exhausts and cone filters etc as the fuel/air mix will be wrong. too lean a mixture is dangerous and can lead to det (not good) or too rich can cause bore wash (not good either). also be aware the 2.5 engines had an issue wih ringland failures but im not sure if it involved the sti hatches. have a read about it on here there,s a thread about it somewhere. regarding mapping usually you change the fuel pump for a walbro to ensure proper fuel delivery and maybe nice new plugs and plenty of v- power in the tank.