Notices

Heated Seats Stopped Working, Dealer Can't Fix

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2017, 03:45 PM
badadjective
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats Stopped Working, Dealer Can't Fix

Hi folks, I've seen people discussing heated seats cycling on then off for too long, my problem is that they randomly don't even turn on. Sometimes when I get in my car it won't turn on until I drive for 30 minutes, sometimes not at all, sometimes right away. Lately the driver seat heat stopped working completely, passenger was fine. I took it to the dealer for warranty repair, they replaced the heating element, but it didn't fix the problem, and on top of that, the passenger side doesn't work anymore either! They're at a loss and don't know what to do next and I'm stuck driving a loaner.

2015 Impreza Sport Premium 5-Door

Thanks in advance!
Old 28 December 2017, 11:18 PM
badadjective
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone suggest what to do here? The dealer has now had my car for OVER TWO WEEKS and still can't fix the problem. They've replaced every component related to the heated seat function, supposedly, and are now claiming that this is "normal operation." The seat just doesn't get warm. I will drive for 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes and it just slowly reaches around my body temp because my butt is warming the seat, not the other way around! Occasionally and randomly it will click on for a minute but even on high, it will rarely reach what was previously at LOW. Passenger seat has also failed. My girlfriend sitting in passenger seat has confirmed I'm not crazy and numb, she loved how hot it used to get. She also has a 2017 Crosstrek which has similar if not the exact same seat, and both of her seats get HOT. Please help!