Notices

EJ25 Secondary Air Valve Inlet Dia ('06 FXT)

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2017, 10:46 PM
EddyCurr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJ25 Secondary Air Valve Inlet Dia ('06 FXT)

If one or two people with discarded Secondary Air Valves from an '06-'08 EJ25 lying on a shelf could post back with measurements of the ID of the inlet side (the opening that the supply hose from the Secondary Air Pump slides over) it will be helpful to me.

My vehicle is an '06 Forester XT, I believe the parts to be the same as supplied on '06 WRX's as follows:

Subaru Secondary Air Valve
14864AA030 - Right Hand Side (w/ 2 pin connector)
14864AA020 - Left Hand Side (w/ 5-pin connector inc Baro Sensor)

The internal diameter of the bore as well as the depth (from lip to valve/plunger) are of particular interest. A bonus would be to receive observations about how cylindrical (round, parallel) and smooth the bore ID is.

I am posting from Canada. Earlier efforts to elicit responses from enthusiasts on CDN, US and AUS Subaru sites have gone unanswered for reasons unknown. Numerous owners report system failures of the Secondary Air Valves and/or Pump. Several choose to delete this subsystem and code around it.
Old 21 August 2017, 05:44 PM
EddyCurr
Scooby Newbie

Uh oh. 108 hrs since posting - no replies. Not looking promising.

Suggestions welcomed.

I have canvassed local dealers looking for examples left over from service work, only to be told "we hardly ever see those coming in for repair". (At the going rate, I suppose this is no surprise.)

Buying a used secondary air valve (seized or working) from a breaker or from someone parting out their engine is a direction I am prepared to go if unable to get an answer otherwise.

Old 21 August 2017, 07:02 PM
poffer1
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EddyCurr
Uh oh. 108 hrs since posting - no replies. Not looking promising.

Suggestions welcomed.

I have canvassed local dealers looking for examples left over from service work, only to be told "we hardly ever see those coming in for repair". (At the going rate, I suppose this is no surprise.)

Buying a used secondary air valve (seized or working) from a breaker or from someone parting out their engine is a direction I am prepared to go if unable to get an answer otherwise.

I think your mistake was asking about a Subaru.....mostly Mercs, Audis & VWs on here
Old 21 August 2017, 11:17 PM
EddyCurr
Scooby Newbie

I understand their envy/desperation.

After an A3 Jetta and E34 / E39 5-Series, I swore off G-cars.

Old 03 October 2017, 11:19 PM
EddyCurr
Scooby Newbie

Back with a follow-up.

Eventually got my answer, but only after buying a knackered SAV. This from the single person who popped up very late in the day.

Seemed like a simple request - guess not.