Notices

looking for methonal

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2017, 11:44 AM
danhodgo87
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for methonal

hi im looking for methonal for my jdm blob sti running 374bhp was told by duncan that someone on here sales it thankyou
Old 01 March 2017, 02:55 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jennychem, 01634 245666. Based in Kent and supply 25ltr and 200Ltr drums, postage available. Just be aware of the safety points when handling.
Trev
Old 01 March 2017, 06:16 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't touch Jennychem methanol with a barge pole!

If your in Dorset I'd ring Anglo American oils and buy some Sunoco racing methanol. You can collect and avoid the heavy courier costs.
Old 01 March 2017, 06:50 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Or sidwell in Wirral but expensive courier costs
Old 01 March 2017, 06:53 PM
stealthy55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wont touch methanol full stop, knackered my fuel lines, besides, im getting more power through new mods on v power
Old 01 March 2017, 07:24 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joe v3sti
I wouldn't touch Jennychem methanol with a barge pole!

If your in Dorset I'd ring Anglo American oils and buy some Sunoco racing methanol. You can collect and avoid the heavy courier costs.
Why wouldn't you touch jenny chem meth mate?
Old 01 March 2017, 07:47 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

It was a contributing factory to an engine I lost, having used it previously without problem, I lost an engine, when checking the fuel it stank, smelt completely funky, both what was in the tank and the remainder of the drum.
The second drum that was bought at the same time (they offer buy 2 get free postage. A friend took his car for mapping and it was detting very very badly.
Shut it down. Drained the fuel, replaced it with v power ( that was bought at the same time as the vpower that was mixed with) nothing else was changed and the car was run up again on the dyno
Engine was as quite as a mouse! It was later stripped as a matter of caution.
This was 3 days after my motor went bang, not a coincidence.

I didn't take it any further with jennychem as the car had done some hard competition that season, just built a new engine and moved on, not the end of the world

Since I have used race methanol with 0 problems. Trinity research and Sunoco There's a reason why it's 3 times the cost of the Jennychem. It's sold as a fuel, jenny charms is sold as an additive. It comes from a chemical company's where house and is de canted out of 1000L containers. They sell all sorts of cleaning chemicals, all sorts of stuff What I received wasn't methanol
I mean they will post 2 drums in the Royal Mail for Christ sake! Not good and now In hindsight is a good reflection of the company.

Take all that as you please, I have no reason not to tell the truth. When I spoke to a number of people who run well known high power competition cars, the majority said they have since stopped using methanol.
Towards the end of last year I did MSA events that doesn't allow methanol, that's all I'll be doing this year so I've finished with the stuff
Old 01 March 2017, 08:23 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always bought from Jennychem since 2008, running 10% and 20% in fuel and also my Water/Meth injection system installed 2009 and never had issues either with their product or fuel pumps/lines. I only ever bought one 200litre drum and the rest came in 25ltrs drums usually x 6 per order. I stopped using it in fuel last year as I'd just had enough of it. It only takes one bad lot and there's a lot at stake, so fair does.
Trev
Old 01 March 2017, 08:32 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

I agree mate. Having used it previously with no problems, on that occasion engine let go. Not and easy pill for everyone to swallow, as it happened I had a new fresh engine in the car 10 days later. Luckily my friends engine was was fine once stripped and checked.
Old 01 March 2017, 11:04 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I done a little research on this a while ago after having concerns regarding purity, there is a home test kit available that gives an accurate purity reading. I think it was available to order from the states at a cost of around £100. I didnt get round to ordering one but i will look at it again now after reading the above.
Old 01 March 2017, 11:16 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had an issue with jennychem before but seeing previous posts I'm a bit concerned now. I only use about 125 ltrs a year, so where's the best place to buy then?
Old 01 March 2017, 11:31 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Old 02 March 2017, 12:08 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Tbh it seems to me that jennychem either sold a bad batch or container was labelled wrong or something similar, without telling jennychem about issue then there's nothing they can do to avoid issue.
I've never known anyone to have a issue before and a LOT of people have been using it for years.
Yes unfortunately was a bad price to pay for Joe. But it seems all a bit of 'avoid' them like the plague situation now without knowing why or how it was dodgy without even addressing it with them.
Old 02 March 2017, 12:27 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Agree^^^
Why would you not at least contact the company if you thought/knew this was the cause of an engine failure?
I've been looking into using a splash of meth and jennychem look like the place to use for price and delivery,all the stuff I've read has been positive so certainly won't put me off.
One bad worker contaminating one bad batch doesn't make or break a company as we all know.
Old 02 March 2017, 07:44 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

I get what all of the above are saying, just nearly giving my opinion after not only experience with Jenny Chen methanol. But also with other race methanol.
For the difference in price personally I'd put the best I could afford in there
Old 02 March 2017, 10:47 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I hear what you're saying Joe,If I'd have had the same experience then I would avoid a product and company,would of been interesting to hear their side of things had you sent back the bad stuff for them to investigate,although as you say it's not sold as a race fuel so it's possible that they would have done nothing but say bad luck?
For price I will still be giving jennychem a go,very interested to know how different the car drives on meth

I've looked at the other meth brands you mention,one comes in at just under twice the price at £46 (not sure on delivery prices) so not too bad and one to consider
And the other brand £74.40 so maybe a bit rich for me!
Anyway,links below for anyone interested:

http://www.jennychem.com/shop/methan...-methanol.html

http://www.trinity-chemicals.co.uk/p...roducts_id=142

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/products/raci...ol-99.85-pure/
Old 02 March 2017, 11:14 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnlogie
I have never had an issue with jennychem before but seeing previous posts I'm a bit concerned now. I only use about 125 ltrs a year, so where's the best place to buy then?
I plan on using a similar amount,have you changed anything in the fuel system or are you running standard fuel lines,fuel pump etc?
Old 02 March 2017, 11:36 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Realistically if your running methanol content you want teflon lines all round front to back, it will eat oem lines and aftermarket braided rubber ones
Old 02 March 2017, 11:55 AM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Realistically if your running methanol content you want teflon lines all round front to back, it will eat oem lines and aftermarket braided rubber ones
I was running 20% meth for 12 months on my previous setup with stock fuel lines. When i replaced the lines with teflon for my new setup, there was signs of damage to the lines in the form of white hard deposits breaking away from the inside of the rubber fuel lines.
Old 02 March 2017, 12:23 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Would you know if I need to drop the fuel tank to fit the rear hoses or is it possible to replace with the tank in situ?
Old 02 March 2017, 06:59 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

You should be fine mate
Old 02 March 2017, 09:06 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
I plan on using a similar amount,have you changed anything in the fuel system or are you running standard fuel lines,fuel pump etc?
Rich, my fuel lines are standard up to the bulk head then everything else is braided hose and fittings from torques. Walbro in tank pump to swirl pot and a Bosch 044 feeding the rails. I've never had an issue with the lines, they've been on for a few years and I had them off about 6 months ago and look fine.
Old 02 March 2017, 09:44 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Rich, my fuel lines are standard up to the bulk head then everything else is braided hose and fittings from torques. Walbro in tank pump to swirl pot and a Bosch 044 feeding the rails. I've never had an issue with the lines, they've been on for a few years and I had them off about 6 months ago and look fine.
Nice one,I might just keep the standard lines on for now and see if I like how the car is on a splash of meth.
What % do you use?
Old 02 March 2017, 09:55 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Nice one,I might just keep the standard lines on for now and see if I like how the car is on a splash of meth.
What % do you use?
25% now. Previously it was 20% when I had the 18g. I don't use meth a lot tbh. Usually just when doing track days
Old 02 March 2017, 10:05 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

What type of lines are they?
Old 02 March 2017, 10:08 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

25% now. Previously it was 20% when I had the 18g. I don't use meth a lot tbh. Usually just when doing track days
I probably won't end up using it a lot to be honest,maybe even just the once unless I get it out on the track,it's a quick car on vpower so plenty enough for the road.
It's just an itch I need to scratch really,want to see what the difference is with meth in the tank
Old 02 March 2017, 10:11 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

What type of lines are they?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360849760599
Old 02 March 2017, 10:12 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

I probably won't end up using it a lot to be honest,maybe even just the once unless I get it out on the track,it's a quick car on vpower so plenty enough for the road.
It's just an itch I need to scratch really,want to see what the difference is with meth in the tank
Give it a go then mate. I couldn't be arsed with all the mixing to use on the road all the time