Notices

Fitting later style Alloy header tank

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2017, 08:52 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fitting later style Alloy header tank

Anything to know in advance to what needs "modding" to get the later spec Alloy header tank to fit onto a n early classic with the plastic type header tank ?

i get the hoses are in different places, can these just be re-routed or do they need extending with joiners/pipe ?

cheers
Old 30 January 2017, 08:43 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The mounting holes are differently spaced, they are wider apart on the facelift header tank. So you'll need to get spacers or get something made up. You can see the little alloy plate that's fitted to mine in the pic.

Obviously the pipe work is different, cheapest way is to find someone breaking a facelift classic, should be pennies for the OEM hoses.

If you want silicon, something like this looks to have all the pieces you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-R...0AAOSwDNdVuNSz

I just bought some lengths of straight silicon hose, measure the outlets for the right sizes, and a 90 degree elbow for the bottom hose.

Old 01 February 2017, 12:35 AM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fitted a forge alloy header to my V2, I reverted back to the plastic version, I thought the alloy item was increasing inlet temperature with the mounting bracket being made of thin alloy. I will fit the alloy tank one day but with phenolic spacers.