Notices

Still got cold start issues!

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2015, 02:19 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still got cold start issues!

As title - I've still got this bloody cold start issue, its starting to really p!ss me off now lol

The map has been looked at again, the Oxygen sensor has been replaced with a proper new Subaru part, the fuel pump has replaced with a new Walboro and it still is playing up.

Here's the issue:

Leave car over night or few days, then get in to start - car will turn over but struggle to fire up, have to have foot flat down on accelerator to get it to fire up, if/when it does it comes on the revs are low and start at 100 then climbs slowly to the cold start 1500.
If I drive it up to temp then turn off and turn on again its spot on, however if I let it cool down for say half hour/1 hour then it will start but at really low revs like 100, if I tap accelerator and hold at about 1200 it seems to sort it self out when I let go. Its almost as tho its trying to fire up too early - i.e as soon as the engine starts to crank over it fires up - instead of a few cranks then firing up - If that makes sense.?

Now here's the weird bit - sometimes I will get to the car after having been standing for days and it will start absolutely spot on.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

The car drives fine, boosts well and no running issues - just this weird starting problem

I have a brand new coil pack and coolant temp sensor yet to fit, but this is doing my head in now and just want it sorted..

****EDIT*****

I recon this is a failing crank sensor? - What you recon?

Last edited by CutMasterT; 07 March 2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07 March 2015, 08:29 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Get the coolant temp sensor (not temp sender to the guage) changed and see how it goes.
Old 08 March 2015, 12:06 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CutMasterT
As title - I've still got this bloody cold start issue, its starting to really p!ss me off now lol

The map has been looked at again, the Oxygen sensor has been replaced with a proper new Subaru part, the fuel pump has replaced with a new Walboro and it still is playing up.

Here's the issue:

Leave car over night or few days, then get in to start - car will turn over but struggle to fire up, have to have foot flat down on accelerator to get it to fire up, if/when it does it comes on the revs are low and start at 100 then climbs slowly to the cold start 1500.
If I drive it up to temp then turn off and turn on again its spot on, however if I let it cool down for say half hour/1 hour then it will start but at really low revs like 100, if I tap accelerator and hold at about 1200 it seems to sort it self out when I let go. Its almost as tho its trying to fire up too early - i.e as soon as the engine starts to crank over it fires up - instead of a few cranks then firing up - If that makes sense.?

Now here's the weird bit - sometimes I will get to the car after having been standing for days and it will start absolutely spot on.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

The car drives fine, boosts well and no running issues - just this weird starting problem

I have a brand new coil pack and coolant temp sensor yet to fit, but this is doing my head in now and just want it sorted..

****EDIT*****

I recon this is a failing crank sensor? - What you recon?
Sounds a bit like this?https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...rt-issues.html

JohnD