Should I or shouldn't I please help

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2015, 08:43 AM
Sharkdisco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I or shouldn't I please help

Hello

Morning to the the site and users, I'm a newbie and a virgin to the subaru cult so go easy pleeeease. Very locally to me a subaru impreza wrx 05 blobeye has come up for sale I will list the description advert

2005 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 TURBO AWD.
21000 MILES FROM NEW
FULL SERVICE HISTORY WITH ALL BILLS RECIEPTS AND STAMPS.
I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FROM NEW AND HAVE CHERISHED EVERY SECOND OF IT.
IT HAS COVERED ONLY 21000 MILES FROM NEW AND HAS BEEN GARAGED AND COVERED ALL THAT TIME, VERY RARELY USED IN BAD WEATHER.
IT HAS BEEN SERVICED AT ALL THE CORRECT INTERVALS USING MILLERS RACING OILS AND HAS JUST HAD A FULL SERVICE AND THE TIMING BELT CHANGED AT SHEFFIELD SUBARU SERVICE WITH ALL BILLS TO PROVE.
I HAVE ALL THE PREVIOUS MOT,S AND IS CURRENTLY MOT,D UNTIL AUG 2015.
EXTRAS.
I HAVE FITTED A SET OF 18 INCH INOVIT MULTI SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS THAT ARE AS NEW NO KERB MARKS AND HAVE JUST FITTED 4 BRAND NEW TYRES.TOTAL COST £800.
IT HAS A CARBON FIBRE REAR SPOILER £300
A FULL MAGNEX DE-CAT STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST FITTED AT SCOOBYCLINIC + A K & N TYPHOON INDUCTION KIT £225 AND A FORGE DUMP VALVE + FULL ECU-TEC REMAPP ALSO DONE AT SCOOBYCLINIC AT A TOTAL COST OF OVER £1700 AND IS RUNNING AT 280 BHP AND SOUNDS AWESOME, SO ONLY SLIGHT MODS THAT MAKE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. IT ALSO HAS WINDOW TINTS THAT REALLY SET IT OFF.

THERE ARE 2 BAD POINTS, THERE IS A STONE CHIP ON THE BONNET AND THE GEL COAT ON THE REAR SPOILER HAS SOME DULL PATCHES BUT BOTH EASY AND CHEAP FIXES

All for £6000

Ive been looking for a low mileage local subaru for ages so this really appeals to me. I went to see the car all seems okay but it was warm when I got said due to only do 1000 miles a year the battery for the fob had gone so he'd gone to find replacement he drove the car hard scard s@&t outa me and then normal coming back into estate pulled on drive switched straight off which alarmed me a bit

Do I risk buying it being one owner from new extensive history good condition or walk away just on the fact could he be driving it like that all time not coolin down whats your opinions l. Just think I'll struggle to get this spec low mileage locally again for another 6months

Sorry about the long post sorrieeee
Old 25 February 2015, 09:07 AM
Scooby_Lee101
Scooby Regular

IMO you probably wont find another low mileage WRX with miles that low with FSH.

What you have to remember is that these cars were made to race, go fast, he may have turned it off all the time without letting the engine cool down etc, but it has only 21k miles, he may or may not do that all the time.

If all paperwork is there with regards to the history then personally i would go in with a bid. But that is totally up to you.

I bought my STI 2 1/2 years ago, at the time it had 37800 miles (53 plate) on the clock with FSH including all MOTs, mine has ran perfect in that time, running 328bhp 330 torque for over 2 years now, used every day, and the occasional drag racing, only thing i have replaced other than the mods is the battery.
Old 25 February 2015, 09:08 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Did he rag it from cold?

If so, he's done it before, so walk away. There's loads out there and it's a buyer's market.
Old 25 February 2015, 09:22 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6k for a wrx owned by a tool.....
Walk away, fast
Old 25 February 2015, 09:29 AM
Sharkdisco
Scooby Regular

No he didn't rag it straight away prob 4 mile until he put foot down was just driving out of boost out of estate untill got to dual carriage away which was about 4 miles
Old 25 February 2015, 12:25 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Even at 4 miles to the carriageway,the oil wouldnt have been anywhere near warm enough to start ragging it.But at the end of the day , its your call
Old 25 February 2015, 01:14 PM
Sharkdisco
Scooby Regular

He went to the shop to see if he could get the battery's replaced before I got there I'm off up now told him want it stone cold gona check for knocking see if any smoke and rev to 3.5rpm see if any knocking will check oil before all this too gulp hope its a good one and I come over to the dark side ha