Notices

Loss of power and clicking from dash

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2015, 08:19 PM
ross_jsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of power and clicking from dash

Car has developed a bit of a problem, occasionally it will lose power for a second or so, this is accompanied by a clicking from the dash which sounds like a relay.

It normally does it at low revs, say pulling into a parking space/crawling in traffic but every now and then will do it while accelerating hard. When it does it at low revs and I drop the clutch, the revs will bounce back up to 2000rpm and hold there.

It may be unconnected, but while trying to sort out a faulty MAF (which I have since replaced) it would do something similar but run rough and display the overheating cat symbol, but it was a similar relay clicking noise. The symbol no longer comes up definitely not the bulb though as it illuminates when I turn the ignition on. Again, it is probably unconnected but worth mentioning, while servicing it the other day and having a good look around the engine bay I found the exhaust temperate sensor was removed, damaged and cable tied out of the way. A quick google says I can fit a resistor in place to bypass it. Thought it was worth a mention.

Edit, it is a 1994 WRX.

Thanks in advance

Ross