Notices

Spec C blobeye air-con help

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2015, 06:14 PM
Stonechip
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec C blobeye air-con help

Well after reading a lot about them and your advise on here, I went for a blobeye spec-c in the end.

However i'm trying to add the air-con back into the car which I'm sure has been removed by a past owner. I’ve check inside the car

and the air-con pipes etc are visible and I have a bulkhead coupling for them. So I happy that it should be all good inside.

I have sourced all the parts (I think) for the engine bay side. I’ve got the 3 pipes, pump, condenser and dryer, belt and tensioner.

The issue I’m having is that I can’t seem to work out how the condenser actually fits in front of the rad. To me it should slide down in front, 2 small pegs into the cross member and then 2 bolts through from the front, pipes will only fit one way so that shouldn’t be too hard.

However the oil cooler is mounted in front of the rad right where the condenser looks to go. Again it has again 2 small rubber pegs into the cross member and a bracket on the top. The holes for the oil cooler and air-con condenser are all along the small cross member so impossible to fit both.

Has anyone else fitted air-con to their spec-c or would be able to see where their condenser/oil cooler is mounted? Or do I have the correct condenser, is a spec-c different to an sti?

I’ve tried searching for pictures etc but it’s quite a specific picture I’m after. Any help would be great.

Old 31 January 2015, 09:42 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spec C AC unit is smaller than STI ones
Old 31 January 2015, 10:55 PM
Stonechip
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you referring to the pump or the condenser?

I've got the pump to fit as it was supplied with another mounting bracket so that's ok, it's just the condenser/oil cooler issue.