Notices

a couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2015, 05:35 PM
e1westy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up a couple of questions.

Hi guys, new to the forum, so please forgive if this has been asked before. I've got a 2003 Impreza WRX turbo (EJ205) which has the Prodrive Performance Pack on it, would I be right in thinking the fuel pump is upgraded when the packs fitted? I'm running 265bhp at the mo, and was hoping with a few subtle mods (induction kit & remap) I could get somewhere near 300? any ideas? Not had the car long, and so new to modding these. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 20 January 2015, 05:45 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

PPP-df recons:
http://www.subaruclub.net/foorum_pic...MY-WRX-PPP.pdf

Intercooler hose, exhaust and remap - no mention of fuel pump so stick one on your shopping list.

think more like 280hp before you have you to switch out the turbo but the increase in torque is quite noticeable. you lose out on horsepower as the TD04 and the WRX engine don't have the high RPM clout the STI has (bigger turbo/bigger injectors/bigger valves/head stuph and designed to rev higher).

Ditch the uppipe cat, fit one from a classic impreza, a 2.0 STI or the likes of Perrin etc. but steer clear of ebay jobbies with flex joints in them as the flex bit will fail.

Once you get used to driving it then start looking for a set of STI injectors and an upgraded turbo that will see you into the 330 range. I chose just to swap the manifold and remove the TGV valves at the same time.

At that point your as handy to stop and consider if you should have bought an STI - maybe it's worth looking to sell your WRX and put the money towards an STI that will have this much power plus the six speed plus fat *** brembo brakes and a generally better suspension setup. Otherwise continue on into the land of "will this next launch kill my gearbox "

You could do worse than to follow the info on the Andy Forrest site:
http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

And if you can pickup an openport cable then DIY mapping will definitely save you some coins as well.

Last edited by bludgod; 20 January 2015 at 05:47 PM.